Thursday, May 13, 2010

Matheson Holding Open House on Wilderness Bill

From the email box:

I am hosting an open house Monday, May 17th, to provide information and to answer questions about HR 5009--the Wasatch Wilderness and Watershed Protection Act. I recently introduced this legislation in the House, after a nearly two-year process meeting with stakeholders. The bill seeks to strengthen protection for our drinking water supply source--the Wasatch canyons-- while enhancing recreation there.
As part of the process, I promised to hold a public meeting so anyone who is interested could come and view the maps, read the bill and ask questions or raise concerns. I am pleased that Salt Lake Mayor Ralph Becker and Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon have agreed to join me at the open house. We will have information stations that include maps and staff who are familiar with all aspects of the bill.
The open house will be held at Skyline High School Cafeteria, 3251 East 3760 South, in Salt Lake. The time is Monday evening, May 17th, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. I look forward to seeing you there. In the meantime, check my website for more details.

No comments: